Ilex de Franc Mayne - 2018
The weather was extremely varied with contrasting humidity and a very hot, dry summer. There was a lot of work in the vineyard to prevent disease and maintain the soil; our technical teams’ demonstrated their expertise with careful, effective management. The harvest dates were determined row by row according to each soil type. Simple, vinification procedures respecting the raw material revealed all of its aromatic and colour characteristics.
“This pure Merlot can be enjoyed even when it is relatively young. Intense purple colour; appealing nose of fresh red fruit mingled with spices. Generous, fresh palate supported by balanced, already mature tannins.”
Sophie Mage, Technical Manager
- Area 1 hectare
- Soil Clay and sand
- Average age of the vineyard 20 years-old
- Grape varieties 100% Merlot
- Yield 45 hl/ha
- Production 6,000 bottles
- Harvest Manual, from 11 to 20 September
- Vinification Manual sorting. Alcoholic fermentation in temperature- controlled vats. Total fermenting time in vats : 4 to 5 weeks and malolactic fermentation in vats.
- Ageing 12 months in oak barrels that had held one wine in underground limestone quarries.
- Alcohol content 14.1% vol.