Ilex de Franc Mayne - 2018
An extremely contrasting climate with humidity and a very hot and dry summer. A reasoned and effective control coupled with a lot of work in the vineyard show our technical teams’ expertise. The dates of the harvest are determined row by row according to each specific soil. Our wine making process will give to the wine all the aromatic and coloring characteristics.
« A real Merlot accessible in early years. A red color with an intense purple. A complete nose with fresh red fruits and spices. On the palate, this wine is greedy with a beautiful balanced tannic structure »
Sophie Mage, Responsable technique
- Surface area 1 hectares
- Soil Clay and sandy
- Average age of the vine 20 years
- Grape varieties 100% Merlot
- Yield 45 hl/ha
- Production 6000 bottles
- Harvest Manual, from the 11th to the 20 September
- Vinification Manual sorting. Alcoholic fermentation in temperature- controlled vats. Total fermenting time in vats : 4 to 5 weeks and malolactic fermentation in vat.
- Ageing 12 months in oak barrels of one wine in underground limestone quarries.
- Alcoholic degree 14,1% vol.