Château Franc Mayne - 2004
“Beautiful red colour with intense brick highlights, the nose is beginning to evolve towards notes of undergrowth, tobacco and then aromas of red fruit paste. The oak is now perfectly integrated.
The palate, with an extreme roundness, progresses towards a still very dense finish with remarkable freshness.
Combining silky tannins, the aromatic complexity of cooked fruit and humus and then ending on a slightly camphorated note, this 2004 Franc Mayne has reached maturity. A superb tasting experience!”
Sophie Mage, Technical Manager
- Area 6 hectares
- Soil Clay-limestone
- Average age of vines 30 years-old
- Grape varieties 90% Merlot - 10% Cabernet Franc
- Planting density 6,000 vines/ha
- Yield 42 hl/ha
- Production 27,000 bottles
- Harvest Manual
- Alcohol content 13% vol.
Vatting in temperature-controlled concrete vats
Long alcoholic fermentation at 30°C.
Total fermenting time in vats : 30 days
Malolactic fermentation, 70% of production in new barrels.
- Ageing 80% in new barrels, 20% in barrels that had held one wine Duration: 16 months in underground quarries.