Château Franc Mayne - 2011
« The robe has a very pretty intense ruby red hue and still has a beautiful brilliance.
The first nose is still a little marked by the wood and then with agitation, it opens with notes of fresh red fruits, pink berries and spices. The palate is still a little tight but offers a nice balance. It reveals a harmonious tannic structure and a complex aromatic palette of fruit and subtle woodiness. A wine that currently needs to be decanted to be fully appreciated but which is entering an optimal tasting phase that holds great promises for the years to come. »
Sophie Mage, Responsable technique
- Surface 6.52 ha en production – 7.02 ha plantés
- Terroir Clay-Limestone
- Average age of vines 30 years
- Grape varieties 90% Merlot - 10% Cabernet franc
- Planting density 6000/ha
- Yield 35 hl/ha
- Production 23,418 bottles, 300 half-bottles, 542 magnums and 50 double magnums.
- Harvest Manual from 20-28 september 2011.
- Alcoholic degree 13,5% vol.
Gravity vatting in thermo-regulated truncated conical stainless steel and wooden vats.
Cold pre-fermentation maceration at 5°C
Long alcoholic fermentation at 28°C.
Total vatting time of 30 days
- Ageing 60% new wood and 40% wood from a wine.