Château Franc Mayne - 2011
“Very pretty intense ruby red colour that is still remarkably bright.
The initial nose is dominated by oaky scents, but then with aeration, it opens up with notes of fresh red fruit, pink peppercorns and spices. The palate is still a little tight but presents good balance. It reveals a harmonious tannic structure and a complex aromatic palette of fruit with a subtle oakiness. This wine currently needs to be decanted to be fully appreciated but is entering an optimal tasting phase that holds great promise for the years to come.”
Sophie Mage, Technical Manager
- Area 6.52 ha in production – 7.02 ha planted
- Soil Clay-limestone
- Average age of vines 30 years-old
- Grape varieties 90% Merlot - 10% Cabernet Franc
- Planting density 6,000 vines/ha
- Yield 35 hl/ha
- Production 23,418 bottles, 300 half-bottles, 542 magnums and 50 double magnums.
- Harvest Manual from 20-28 September 2011.
- Alcohol content 13.5% vol.
Gravity vatting in thermo-regulated truncated conical stainless steel and wooden vats.
Cold pre-fermentation maceration at 5°C.
Long alcoholic fermentation at 28°C.
Total vatting time of 30 days
- Ageing 60% new barrels and 40% barrels that had held one wine.