Château Franc Mayne - 2012
« With an intense and brilliant garnet red colour, this Franc Mayne 2012 opens on an already very expressive first nose. It has a beautiful depth, combining notes of red fruits and cherry pit with a controlled and well-melted woodiness. The attack is supple, the mid-palate is quite ample and the finish densifies on tannins that are still a little tight. The aroma is reminiscent of the nose with hints of Kirsch, toasted wood and slightly smoky, evolving towards a refreshing liquorice flavour that stretches the finish. A gourmet wine that will continue to mature over time. »
Sophie Mage, Responsable technique
- Surface 6.52 ha in production - 7.02 ha planted
- Terroir Limestone plateau, slope, clay.
- Average age of the vineyard 30 years
- Grape varieties 90% merlot - 10% cabernet franc
- Planting density 6600 feet/ha
- Performance 31 hl/ha
- Production 27 000 bouteilles
- Harvest Manual from 04th to 12th october 2012.
- Degree 13,5% vol.
Gravity vatting in stainless steel and truncated cone- shaped wooden vats, thermo-regulated.
Long alcoholic fermentation at 30°C.
Total vatting time of 30 days
Malolactic fermentation in new barrels for 50%.
- Ageing 50% in new barrels, 50% in barrels of one wine Duration: 16 months in underground quarries