Château Franc Mayne - 2012
“With an intense, brilliant garnet red colour, this Franc Mayne 2012 opens with a very expressive initial nose. This has great depth, combining notes of red fruit and cherry pits with a controlled and well-integrated oakiness. The attack is supple, the mid-palate is quite full-bodied and the finish densifies with tannins that are still a little tight. The flavours are reminiscent of the nose with hints of Kirsch, and toasted slightly smoky oak, evolving towards refreshing liquorice notes that prolong the finish. A generous wine that will continue to mature over time.”
Sophie Mage, Technical Manager
- Area 6.52 ha in production - 7.02 ha planted
- Soil Limestone plateau, hillside, clay.
- Average age of the vineyard 30 years-old
- Grape varieties 90% merlot - 10% cabernet franc
- Planting density 6,600 vines/ha
- Yield 31 hl/ha
- Production 27,000 bottles
- Harvest Manual from 4 to 12 October 2012.
- Alcohol content 13.5% vol.
Gravity vatting in stainless-steel and truncated cone- shaped wooden vats, thermo-regulated.
Long alcoholic fermentation at 30°C.
Total vatting time of 30 days.
Malolactic fermentation in new barrels for 50%.
- Ageing 50% in new barrels, 50% in barrels that had held one wine Duration: 16 months in underground quarries.