Château Franc Mayne
An exceptionally dry and contrasting winter in 2016/2017 with a first cool period and a second very mild one.
The budburst starts towards the end of March on our early parts and continues in a homogeneous way during the first 2 weeks of April. The end of April is extremely cool and marked by an intense frost episode on April 27 and 28. A luck : the Franc Mayne vineyard is located on the only plateaus and slopes of Saint-Émilion spared by frost!
The warm conditions of May and June accentuate early maturity, the first flowers appear in mid-May and flowering follows quickly and evenly. Mid-ripening is observed from July 25 with remarkable homogeneity.
The good weather from September 18 onwards allowed us to pick ripe, healthy and homogeneous grapes. On our clay-limestone soils, the tannic and anthocyanin potential is excellent, the wines are dense, aromatic and balanced.
- Surface 7 hectares
- Soil Limestone plateau, hillside, clay, sand on clay.
- Average age of the vineyard 25 years
- Grape varieties 90% Merlot - 10% Cabernet franc
- Yield 28 hl/ha
- Production 23000 bouteilles
- Harvest 2017 From 25th to 30th september
- Alcohol level 13.5 % vol.
- Ageing 18 months in barrels, 50% of which are new wood