Château Franc Mayne - 2000
The harvest potential is magnificent and thanks to a very beautiful flowering the bunches are homogeneous. Leaf thinning and green harvesting allow us to obtain the best conditions of maturation.
After a magnificent month of August, it is only on 18/09 when our tannins are ripe, that we will harvest our most sandy plots at the foot of the hillside. The good weather is now, we continue serenely by the Coast on the 22/09 to finish by the limestone plateau on the 29/09 under a radiant sun.
Thanks to a magnificent structure, 2000 is exceptional by its alliance of power and finesse, by its fatness and fruitiness.
- Surface 7 hectares
- Terroir Limestone plateau, slope, clay.
- Average age of the vineyard 30 years
- Grape varieties 90% Merlot - 10% Cabernet franc
- Planting density 6000 feet/ha
- Performance 40 hl/ha
- Production 22000 bottles
- Harvest From 18-22 September 2000 for the Merlot and 29 September for the Cabernet Franc; manual in crates.
- Degree 13.1% vol.
Vatting in thermo-regulated cement vats
Long alcoholic fermentation at 30°C.
Total vatting time of 35 days
In new barrels (100%).
Duration: 18 months in underground quarries.