Château Franc Mayne - 2000
The harvest potential is magnificent and thanks to a very beautiful flowering the bunches are homogeneous. Leaf thinning and green harvesting allow us to obtain the best conditions for ripening.
After a magnificent month of August, the tannins did not ripen until 18/09, when we harvested our sandiest plots at the foot of the hillside. The good weather held, and we continued serenely up the hill on the 22/09 to finish by the limestone plateau on the 29/09 under a radiant sun.
Thanks to a magnificent structure, 2000 is exceptional for its alliance of power and finesse, and its generosity and fruitiness.
- Area 7 hectares
- Terroir Limestone plateau, hillside, clay.
- Average age of the vineyard 30 years
- Grape varieties 90% Merlot - 10% Cabernet franc
- Planting density 6,000 vines/ha
- Yield 40 hl/ha
- Production 22,000 bottles
- Harvest From 18-22 September 2000 for the Merlot and 29 September for the Cabernet Franc; manual in crates.
- Alcohol content 13.1% vol.
Vatting in temperature-controlled concrete vats
Long alcoholic fermentation at 30°C.
Total vatting time of 35 days
In new barrels (100%).
Duration: 18 months in underground quarries.