Château Franc Mayne - 2014
Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classé
- Surface 7.02 ha in production
- Terroir Limestone plateau, clays, sand on clays
- Average age of the vines 30 years
- Grape varieties 90% merlot - 10% cabernet franc
- Performance 38 hl/ha
- Production 25 000 bottles
- Harvest manual from 4th to 9th october for the merlot, 17th october for the cabernet franc.
- Degrees 13.5% vol.
Gravity vatting in stainless steel and wooden truncated cone vats, all thermo-regulated.
Cold pre-fermentation maceration at T°<5°C Alcoholic fermentation with a gradual increase in temperature to reach 28°C.
Post-fermentation maceration up to 31°C for 8 to 10 days.
Total vatting time of about a month.
- Ageing 50% new barrels and 50% barrels of one wine (French oak). The total ageing of this vintage lasted 16 months.