Château Franc Mayne - 2014
Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classé
- Area 7.02 ha in production
- Soil Limestone plateau, clay, sand on clay
- Average age of the vines 30 years-old
- Grape varieties 90% Merlot - 10% Cabernet Franc
- Yield 38 hl/ha
- Production 25,000 bottles
- Harvest Manual from 4 to 9 October for the Merlot, 17 October for the Cabernet Franc.
- Alcohol content 13.5% vol.
Gravity vatting in stainless steel and wooden truncated cone vats, all thermo-regulated.
Cold pre-fermentation maceration at T°<5°C Alcoholic fermentation with a gradual increase in temperature to reach 28°C.
Post-fermentation maceration up to 31°C for 8 to 10 days.
Total vatting time of about a month.
- Ageing 50% new barrels and 50% barrels that had held one wine (French oak). The total ageing period for this vintage was 16 months.